When it comes to valet parking, there are mixed reviews that often come from car owners. Some consider it to be a boon making the car parking experience to be a very positive one. Others dread such solutions because they have untoward experiences like cars getting damaged, increased waiting periods, and so on.
There is no doubt that technology is playing a major role in alleviating experiences in every field. When it comes to car parking, cvps.solutions is something that most locations and businesses are opting for.
In this beginner’s guide, we are going to look at some crucial aspects of Computerized Valet Parking Systems or CVPS-
- Meaning and Definition of Computerized Valet Parking Systems
- Major Advantages and Benefits of CVPS
- Limitations or Cons as has been pointed out by some users
Computerized Valet Parking Systems: Meaning and Definition
The CVPS solution works in a somewhat similar fashion to a traditional valet system does. However, unlike a traditional valet system, a CVPS uses automation and technological solutions to aid the experience, boost efficiency, improve security, and aid revenue generation.
The platform works through software that allows for smartphone integration and covers-
Car owners reserve parking spots before arriving at a specific destination.
Allow car parking operators to track vehicles for safety and security purposes.
Takes images of the vehicles to prevent unnecessary claims from businesses.
Integrate newer tech like integrating with Alexa and offer optimal solutions.
Draw and attract more car owners to a location because of ease of use and parking.
The above demonstrates how Computerized Valet Parking Systems have become a common occurrence in many locations. Especially large casinos, hotels, hospitals, airports, and other places have already installed CVPS solutions.
5 Major Advantages of Computerized Valet Parking Systems in 2021
In this section, we speak to some leading experts that have been studying parking management systems and try to find out the major advantages of Computerized Valet Parking Systems-
1. Improves Efficiency of Parking Spaces-
As a business that is operating a parking space, you would want to ensure optimal timings and efficiency. For example, aiding the in and out process can allow you to get more cars into the parking lots. This means not only more revenues from car parking but also the overall sales from the stores and shops in the location.
2. Safety and Security of Parking Spaces and Locations-
With cases of crimes in parking spaces on the rise, using Computerized Valet Parking Systems can allow for better monitoring of car parks. With the software being integrated with CCTV footage and other cameras, you can document everything that is happening in parking spaces. This will allow the management to spot crimes and prevent them from occurring.
3. Prevents Unnecessary Claims from Bad Car Owners-
After I left the car to the valet, I saw a huge dent when he brought it back. Car park operators exactly know what I am talking about. These car owners falsely make financial claims by stating that the valet has damaged their vehicles. A Computerized Valet Parking System allows for images and videos to be clicked at entry points to prevent such claims.
4. Creates a Positive Experience for Car Owners-
Everyone wants to visit a location that has great parking facilities. This is especially true of larger locations like malls, shopping complexes, event locations, etc. If you are providing a positive experience, you can expect the car owner to return and spend money at the location buying products or services. This is why a CVPS system becomes an asset for a location.
5. Great for Scalability of Large Parking Spots-
Some casinos in Las Vegas reportedly have car parking spaces of over 50,000 plus cars! This is a huge number, to say the least. 50000 cars mean 50000 probable problems that are waiting to erupt. Using an automated CVPS will result in better management, faster turnaround times, and proper revenue collection. It would also allow for money mismanagements from happening.
Limitations of Going for a Computerized Valet Parking Systems
When it comes to pointing out the cons of a Computerized Valet Parking Systems, the following are some issues that we feel could be addressed better-
- Understanding and fully integrating a CVPS solution might be technically challenging at first. This is true for first-time users that might need some guidance to get used to the software. Working with a great company can help iron out all these issues.
- Some others also point out that internet connectivity issues can be an impediment. However, with internet connectivity and solutions improving every passing second, this limitation does not hold water any longer.
- With all things tech and digital, the chances of cybercrimes affecting CVPS operations are a real threat in our times. It should be pointed out that most of the best CVPS solution providers have inbuilt security protocols and infrastructure already in place.
- Many are of the view that a Computerized Valet Parking Systems is great only for large parking spaces. In other words, if you have 1000+ cars, then investing in this solution is great. However, smaller car parks can also do the same within a small budget.
The Bottom Line
In this article, we have covered the basics and foundations about everything you should know about Computerized Valet Parking Systems. If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask your questions in the comments section below. We will request our experts to answer as many of them as possible.