Mac users have a great screencasting and video creation tool named ScreenFlow. It is a robust video creation app that allows users to record things happening on their screens and create a productive and professional video.
It can record your computer audio, microphone, and video camera footage from your device and help you make intuitive videos.
It is an excellent tool for educators, mobile app developers, and marketers. If you create app reviews, software demos, tutorials, training, and presentations, then this is the app that can help you in the most productive ways.
The app lets users edit videos with several beginners and advanced editing features like readjustment, trimming, and adding animation graphics to the videos you are creating.
The following article is all about educating you about this and its various features, pros, cons, and pricing.
What is Screenflow?
Screenflow is a video editing and screen recording tool great for creating tutorials, software and app reviews, and training lessons for students. It offers simultaneous screen, mic, and camera recording to the users. With this, you can create professional videos for your audience quickly.
It presents professional video editing features for creators who want to create YouTube tutorials, social media videos. Here are the prominent features of ScreenFlow.
- High-quality recording: Whether you are using multiple screens simultaneously or using a retina display, you can always record high-quality video using ScreenFlow.
- Built-in media library: ScreenFlow comes with a built-in stock media library. There are 500000+ video clips, images, audio to help you spice up the videos you create using ScreenFlow.
- iOS recording: iPhone and iPad users can now record their screen demos using it. It helps you record screen footage at high-res.
- Easy to learn and use: you can quickly learn and use ScreenFlow. Its intuitive UI makes it easy for everyone to use it.
- Practical video editing tools: You get text animation, transition, video animations, freehand annotations, multi-channel audio, and many more professional tools in ScreenFlow.
- Focused on software tutorials: It focuses on software tutorials and helps creators make better tutorial videos for their channels.
- Streamlined media management: You can now create projects using clips, markers, colour labels, multi-track Editing. Also, you get to access the media stored on your computer completely.
- Closed caption support: It allows you to create and edit subtitles for your videos.
- Publishing options: with this, users get a chance to publish their content directly on platforms like YouTube, Imgur, Wistia, Vimeo, and many more.
- Export animated GIF and PNG: lets you create and export animated GIF and PNG.
- Video Filters: It offers cinematic video filters for a better visual experience.
- Automatic background removal: It is great to have a green screen but, it offers a great automatic screen removal feature. It will help you remove the background even when you have no green screen.
Screenflow Pros & Cons
Here are some of the pros and cons of ScreenFlow-
- Easy-to-use: It is very easy to use. It was designed for digital marketers, online teachers, educationists, and personal uses. These users want a tool that is easy for them to use. It gives them ease of use with its simplistic tools and intuitive design.
- Versatile: It is a versatile program. It allows you to record the screens of multiple sources simultaneously.
- Easy-to-save: once you create your video, you can save it in any file format. You can also email it or post it on any platform like YouTube or Imgur.
- Easy Editing: the editing features on this website are very intuitive and simplistic. Anyone without proper knowledge about graphic design can edit videos on this.
- Simple Interface: The Interface on this website is straightforward. Unlike other editing apps, It does not confuse its users with a bundle of features out of the box.
- Easy to fix mistakes: Fixing mistakes is easy on ScreenFlow. You undo any error that you may have made while resting the video.
- Video quality is excellent: It offers quality video output when you edit it.
- It works only on Mac. It does not work on a PC. There is no iOS version as well.
- Frequent updates may annoy users.
- The software is pretty basic and needs more upgraded features for better video editing.
- Users need to pay for a stock library to access it.
- There is no drawing tool available during screen recording.
If you don’t want to use this, then there are some alternatives that you can certainly look for. Here are some ScreenFlow options that work just as well.
Another easy alternative to this is Camtasia. It is also a simple app with a straightforward interface and user-friendly. Moreover, it gives the users the tools to customise their video.
It is easy to use. You can capture any area of your screen and add narration using the microphone. This app is easy to set up as well.
If you want a Mac alternative for ScreenFlow, then iMovie can be your choice. This app lets you create videos with cinematic features.
There are other notable mentions like filmora, adobe premiere pro, loom, etc.
Screenflow has three pricing packages. Here is a detail of their pricing packages-
|Starter||Super Pack||Super Pack with Premium Support|
|Screen recording.||Screen recording.||Screen recording.|
|Video editing.||Video editing.||Video editing.|
|Create high quality videos.||Create high quality videos.||Create high quality videos.|
|Stock Media Library Access||Stock Media Library Access|
Screenflow focuses on the video creators who want visually appealing content for marketing, teaching, tutorials, and social media. Screenflow offers the right features for the right amount. You can use it if you are a Mac user.
This article explains all the valuable features, pros, and cons to help you understand the app in detail. It will help us if you share your ideas about ScreenFlow in the comment.