Cloudflare is a leading CDN or content delivery network service, and a network security solution used both in private and public sectors to protect and speed up mobile applications, websites, SaaS services, APIs, and all other properties connected online. Having the ability to reduce website latency and to make apps always accessible and available, cloudflare has been helping publishers, SaaS providers, enterprise increase conversions, and e-commerce merchants, and improves the experiences of visitors.
While it accelerates mobile and web performance and keeps apps available, it makes sure that APIs, apps, and websites are protected against DDoS attacks, abusive bots, and customer data breaches. Therefore, it provides security mechanism and tools like the web application firewall, monitoring and authentication of user access to any application or domain, and the ability to block malevolent traffic via rate limiting. Cloudflare provides tools and apps that are crucial to monetize your website, gain more customers, and much more.
Benefits of Cloudflare
Fast and Global CDN: Cloudflare brings a global and fast CDN which accelerates mobile experiences and internet applications, and makes sure that apps are available. CDN or content delivery network is a network of data centers and proxy servers distributed across diverse geographic locations. This CDN comprises over one hundred data centers distributed across sixty countries. With this global infrastructure, there is reduced latency and assets get delivered close to customers geographically.
Improves experiences of visitors through load balancing: Access to APIs, apps, and websites gets affected by the performance and reliability of servers. When they are over-utilized or misconfigured, visitors will experience load times that are slow or may not access websites, APIs, or apps at all. Due to this, CloudFlare provides a component of global network infrastructure known as load balancing to prevent poor experiences of visitors because of misconfigured or unreliable servers.
Load balancing is a way of distributing traffic or workload across different servers. For example, when the server is down, visitors can access similar content delivered by the server by routing it to the backend servers. The load balancing capability of CloudFlare ensures that all visitors are routed to the servers that are close to their region and can provide a response to their requests.
Enterprise-Class Web App Firewall: Cloudflare is equipped with capabilities of security which are aimed at fighting and detecting sophisticated attack types which degrade the availability and performance of apps and websites, damage internet properties, and compromise customer info. It possesses an enterprise-class web app firewall that identifies and blocks novel threats. Additionally, the web app firewall applies rules that get updated automatically when new vulnerabilities and security threats are detected.
Rate Limiting: The solution of network security protects apps, websites, and DDoS attacks with the help of its capabilities of limiting rates. Rate limiting allows users to control and block visitors that are suspicious by enabling them to define limits or thresholds for the requests from visitors, set custom responses that get triggered when the visitors hit the thresholds, and then gain insights in their traffic patterns.
Added Security to DNS: To sum it up, it uses DNSSEC protocol that adds a security layer to the DNS by making sure that visitors visiting the domain can receive info or content originating from the web server. Therefore, it guarantees traffic to correct servers without interception by attackers. Due to that, malware infections, phishing, and leakage of personal data get prevented.
- Rate limiting
- Web application firewall
- Server push
- Browser optimization
- Rockect loader
- Local storage caching
- Web optimizations
- Argo smart routing
- Load balancing
- Secure, fast, and powerful DNS
- Fast, Global Content Delivery Network
- DNSSEC Protocol
- Secure application access
- Secure registrar
- DDoS Protection
Cloudflare PricingAlongside the free plan, it offers three enterprises and SBM pricing plans for you to select from. It has paid add-ons for you to include in its SBM and free pricing plans. Look at the details below and choose the best one for your business.
- This package is free for life
- Three-page rules are included
- Audit logs of access to the account
- An attack mode
- Shared SSL certificate
- Global CDN
- Unmetered mitigation of DDoS
- For personal blogs, websites, and anybody interested in exploring CloudFlare
- This package goes for USD 20 per month per domain
- Twenty-page rules are included
- Mobile optimization with its mirage
- Image optimization with a polish
- Web application firewall
- Everything in the free package
- This package costs USD 200 per month per domain
- Fifty-page rule include
- Access to audit logs of the account
- Priority email support
- Accelerated content delivery
- PCI compliance
- Bypass cache on cookies
- Custom SSL certificate
- Web application firewall
- Everything in pro
- For businesses and e-commerce sites that require advanced performance and security, priority email support, and PCI compliance
- 0ne hundred-page rules included
- Access to data centers in China
- Named customer and solution success engineers
- Access to audit logs
- Multiple customs SSL
- Access to raw logs
- Advanced web application firewall
- Role-based account access
- Enterprise-grade DDoS protection
- One hundred percent uptime guarantee
- All-time enterprise-grade chat, email, and phone support
- Everything in business plus
- You can contact customer care to get more info on this plan
- Paid add-ons for business, pro, and free plans
- Free cloudflare apps for all plans
- Argo smart routing starting at USD 5 per month
- Load balancing starting at USD 5 per month
- Rate limiting at USD 0.5 for ten thousand good requests
- Dedicated SSL certificate for USD 5 per month
W3Counter is a web stats and tool for your blog or website. You can learn this tool to your website if you want to gain insights about your visitors, increase sales, build a following, and track the growth of your business along the way Learn more about W3Counter